This is a free course about addiction.
Click on the link just there, up there to your left, yep you got it.
This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction.
- What is addiction?
- How do we study it and what have we learned?
- What makes a drug or activity addicting and what are its problems and toxicities?
- What happens in the brain when someone becomes addicted?
- Who can be an addict, and what are the vulnerability and risk factors?
- How do we treat addicts?
- How does government policy affect addicts?